Rebel NaNo

Currently taking a breather, will return shortly. <3 You can also find me at Deviantart and Tumblr.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How do you organize your pictures?

I now have a ludicrous amount of pictures to sort through for the next update.   It was ludicrous before, and I didn't know what to do with myself, so I went back in and took more screenshots.

The last time I tried to open them all it took about 20 minutes, and then my computer updated itself and restarted.   Now I have half the memory (the computer memory! meanies!), and I am afraid.

Photoshop came with some sort of image tagging system, but when I tried it I ended up filled with rage and fury.   I have a nagging suspicion that they make it clunky and aggravating as a way of marketing one of their other image cataloging systems.

I have this update, and 5 or 6 after it pre-written in at least skeleton form (I do let the Miliner's have a large amount of freedom, at least compared to other legacies with plots.   They roll their own traits, and they pick their own friends and romances.  Usually, they pick their own hobbies.   I love Alesha, but to be honest she's not who I would have chosen for Lynx, if I'd been choosing.  It was just luck that Ocelot fell for Cho.  So there are a lot of details I can't pre-write).   At this point it's the wading through the screenshots that's slowing me down, which is a bit on the aggravating side. 

ETA:  Giving the software I have another go. Even if I do qualify for an Educator's discount on some of the nicer software...er...I get paid what an Educator gets paid (less! since I'm an assistant).  Hee.    It probably would be helpful if I'd used it all along - I expect organizing to take 2 or 3 days.    It would go faster, but I have a touch of difficulty staying focused on any one project.  Plus, I do find it bulky and aggravating and need frequent sanity breaks.


Anyway, here's a picture of Daisy Malifa.   As you can see, she's hungry.  

No comments: